الثلاثاء، 1 ديسمبر 2015

I have to admit something. My hair has been looking mighty frail lately. And I just don’t like it.
Remember back in January when I tried out that ‘no-poo’ fad? Well, ya, I think I’m still paying for it. My hair hasn’t been the same since and it got me thinking. In reality, it’s going to be a process for me to get my hair back looking and feeling healthy again. Thankfully I didn’t do the no-poo method for very long! But in the meantime, while I am nursing my hair back to life, what can I do so that it doesn’t look so… gross?
Then this post title popped into my head – Thing You Can Do Right Now to Make Your Hair Look Healthier! It’s a little long so I settled with the current post title – 4 Simple Tips for Healthier Hair Right Now. So if you are struggling with dead ends or lifeless hair like me, keep reading!

4 Simple Tips for Healthier Hair Right Now


Now, just to be clear, there are a lot of things you can do to maintain healthy hair and to have healthier hair over all. I wrote a whole post about it. These 4 tips for healthier hair I’m sharing today are really just things you can do immediately to help your hair look healthier. So continue to follow these tips over all and if you need a little hair pick-me-up, then check out the 4 tips belown

Get a trim

Yep, this is probably the best thing you can do. Trims are crucial for healthier hair. Trust me, I should know, I haven’t had one in a while! I’m walking proof that trims are a good thing. So call your hair stylist and make an appointment, mama’s hair needs some life. If it’s not in the budget to get your hair trimmed when you need it, try the local beauty school. The prices are a lot cheaper and it’s hard to mess up a trim. Also you’re helping someone get some good practice!
**Side Note** – let me just clarify that just because some kind of ‘hair law’ dictates that you get a trim every 6 weeks doesn’t mean you have to! If you’re hair is looking healthy and you don’t see a lot of split ends, then you don’t need a trim! Make sure you talk with your stylist about how often you should get them done. If they are pushing for a trim every 6 weeks when you really don’t feel like you need it, they might just be trying to get an extra $30 weeks out of ya! Know your hair!




Deep condition


It’s really as easy as some coconut oil at home – no need to go to the salon or buy some fancy deep conditioning treatment. My favorite is a mixture of coconut oil & Argan oil
 whipped together and applied at night. (If you’re not into DIY beauty – this deep conditioning treatment is great) Check out my 2 ingredient hair mask you can do at home. I did it last week and LOVE the results! If you don’t want to sleep with the deep conditioner in, then just apply it when you have time and leave it on for an hour or so. Make sure you wash it out completely though, otherwise it will just look greasy. Ain’t nobody got time fo dat!
Also, if you don’t have time do add the deep conditioner before hand and leave it over night or even for an hour, try switching out your regular conditioner for a nice deep conditioner once every couple weeks (or once a week for curly hair). Leave it in while you shave your legs and lather up then rinse like normal. You’ve got a deep conditioning treatment without any extra time!

Hair gloss


An amazing alternative to hair color and definitely something you can do yourself, hair gloss is like a deep conditioning/semi-permanent hair color all in one. It boosts color and shine, repairs and protects, replenishes lost color at the ends, corrects tones & eliminates brassiness all the while adding a high-shine finish! In my opinion, the best way to use a gloss is between colors. It’s semi-permanent and lasts up to 8 washes. If you are looking to save money and go longer in between salon visits – this is the perfect solution. If you don’t color your hair and still want the added shine the hair gloss can give you, there is a clear gloss just for you!
Well there you have it! Four simple tips you can do right now to have healthier hair! So if you’ve got a party coming up or are just tired of feeling like your hair is breaking off everywhere (me!) this is for you. Even if you just do a couple of them you’d still see improvement!
Anything you’d add to the list? I’d love to hear your tips too!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق